- Place a bed at the back end of the room in the middle of the wall. If the home has a peaked roof, this should center the bed directly underneath the highest point in the ceiling to create a symmetrical design.
- Put a nightstand on both sides of the bed about two inches away from the mattress so they do not get bumped when the bed is being slept in. The two nightstands are important for maintaining symmetry in the loft bedroom.
- Put a lamp on both nightstands if the electrical outlets in the room allow for this. If not, place one table lamp on the nightstand nearest the closest electrical outlet. Again, the two lamps provide symmetry in the room's design.
- Add a few personal comforts to the room such as paintings, a TV, a book shelf or even stuffed animals to make the bedroom your own. A bedroom is a place of retreat, usually meant to be a personal and private place. Because of this, having personalized décor is important to make the room a comforting place in which to retreat after a long day.
How to Convert a Loft Into a Bedroom
A loft is a small upper floor or attic in a home directly under the roof. Some lofts do not have walls at all and sit under the A-shaped peak of the home's roof. Because of this, the middle of the space typically has the highest ceiling. This element of the space, along with others, must be taken into consideration when turning a loft into a bedroom area.
Things You Will Need
- How to Decorate Above a TV Armoire
- How to Use a Mattress as Decor for a Living Room
- How to Organize a Mobile Home
- How to Measure a Queen Size Mattress in Inches
- What Length to Hang a Chandelier in a Bedroom
- What Is the Difference Between a Loft Bed & Bunk Beds?
- Create Inspiring Study Spaces for Kids
- What Are the Measurements of a Daybed Mattress?
- What Are the Differences in Mattress Sizes?
- How to Clean a Cluttered Spare Room
- How to Use Feng Shui to Set Up Your Bedroom
- How to Store a Queen-Size Bed on the Wall
- How to Arrange a King Size Bed in the Corner
- What Is a French Double Bed?