- Lower all safety guards in place on your bench grinder.
- Turn the bench grinder on and allow it to spin up to it maximum speed.
- Rest the diamond wheel dresser on the tool rest and slowly push the head of the grinding wheel dresser onto the grinding wheel. Hold it firmly as it makes contact with the spinning wheel.
- Allow the dresser wheel to grind against the grinding wheel for approximately 10 seconds. This is easily enough time to remove any particle buildup on the wheel, effectively cleaning it and making it ready for use once again.
How to Clean a Bench Grinder Stone
The technical term for cleaning a bench grinder stone is "dressing the grinding wheel," and it is not cleaning in the traditional sense. Dressing a grinding wheel essentially means removing all metal or wood particles that are clogging the wheel stone, in effect cleaning it and making it grind better and more efficiently. This task needs to be done only when the effectiveness of the grinding wheel becomes noticeably compromised.
Things You Will Need
- Always wear safety glasses when dressing a grinding wheel.
- How to Clean Natural Fiber Rugs
- How to Smooth Natural Granite Stone
- How to Clean Marble Top Furniture
- How to Remove an Ink Stain From a Shirt
- How to Polish Porcelain
- How to Use a Grinding Wheel Dressing Stick
- The Best Way to Clean a Stone Shower
- How to Clean Lime From Coffee Pots
- How to Put Wheels on a Gate
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Convert Gauge Thickness to Millimeters
- How to Remove Burn Stains From Stainless Steel Pots
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Repair a Scratch in a Marble Table Top