How do I Lift the Stovetop of a Kenmore Flat Top Electric Range?
Lifting the stove top of a Kenmore flat-top electric range is accomplished in much the same way as any other brand of flat top stove. The design of flat-top stoves are fairly similar. The flat-top stove is a sealed unit which makes cleaning easier, but not repairing. The job can be accomplished by the novice by following a basic procedure and with only the use of a screwdriver. It should not take more 20 minutes to complete.
Open the oven door and locate the two screws at the top that secure the front of the of the stove top. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws.
Lift the glass top high enough to gain access to the element brackets, which secure the elements to the top of the stove.
Remove the two screws that hold the brackets in place.
Remove the screws that secure the upper cover on the back of the stove and remove the cover. This will give you access to the hinges for the stove top.
Unscrew the two screws that hold on each of the hinges and lift off the stove top.
Damon Koch has years of writing experience ranging from software manuals to song lyrics. His writing has appeared in software manuals for Human Arc and on the CDs "Small Craft Advisory" and "Impersonating Jesus." He also has worked in building maintenance since 2004. He has attended Lorain County Community College as well as Cleveland State University.
- screwdriver image by sheldon gardner from Fotolia.com
- Removing a GE Profile Stove Top
- How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
- How to Replace the Glass on a Maytag Gemini Double Oven
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis
- How to Turn on the Pressure Regulator on a Freestanding Frigidaire