How do I Lift the Stovetop of a Kenmore Flat Top Electric Range?
Lifting the stove top of a Kenmore flat-top electric range is accomplished in much the same way as any other brand of flat top stove. The design of flat-top stoves are fairly similar. The flat-top stove is a sealed unit which makes cleaning easier, but not repairing. The job can be accomplished by the novice by following a basic procedure and with only the use of a screwdriver. It should not take more 20 minutes to complete.
Open the oven door and locate the two screws at the top that secure the front of the of the stove top. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws.
Lift the glass top high enough to gain access to the element brackets, which secure the elements to the top of the stove.
Remove the two screws that hold the brackets in place.
Remove the screws that secure the upper cover on the back of the stove and remove the cover. This will give you access to the hinges for the stove top.
Unscrew the two screws that hold on each of the hinges and lift off the stove top.
Things You Will Need
- Maytag Glass Top Stove Burner Element Replacement Instructions
- How to Convert Natural Gas to LP on a Frigidaire Stove
- How to Replace an Oven Heating Element in My Kenmore Stove
- How to Replace a Burner on a Frigidaire Flat Top Stove
- Lighting a Gas Stove's Pilot Lights
- How to Change a Tappan Oven Bake Element