Metal Coil Burner
- Allow the burner to completely cool prior to servicing.
- Lift up the metal burner approximately 1 inch, lifting on the opposite side from the burner plug.
- Pull the burner straight out of the burner plug.
- Align the terminals on the end of the new burner with the burner plug.
- Push the terminals into the burner plug, and then lower the burner into position.
- Unplug the range from the wall. If the plug is not accessible, turn off the breaker in your service box.
- Open the oven door, and then remove the screws in the front of the underside of the cook top.
- Close the oven door, and then lift the main top. Support the main top, using a sturdy stick to prop it up, or have an assistant hold the top off the range.
- Remove the screws from the brackets that secure the burner you would like to replace, and then unclip the brackets.
- Remove the burner.
- Install the new burner, and secure it with the brackets.
- Secure the brackets, using the screws you removed in Step 4.
- Remove the wire connectors from the old burner, and then plug them into the terminals on the new burner.
- Remove the support, and then lower the main top.
- Open the oven door, and then reinstall the screws to support the main top.
- Restore power to the range.