Removing a GE Profile Stove Top
GE Profile ranges have a glass stove top with several burners located below. If the glass panel on the stove top is damaged -- which most often occurs when a heavy item is dropped on it -- you must remove the top and install a new one. Before removing the stove top, you must gain access to the underside of the panel and remove the burners. Once the burners are removed, lift the panel up and off of the range to make way for the new top.
Turn off the range breaker in your home's service panel.
Open the oven door, then remove the screws from the underside of the front of the main top, which are protected when the door is closed.
Close the oven door, then lift the main top. Secure the top in an elevated position using a support rod, or have a partner hold the top up.
Remove the screws and brackets securing each burner, then remove the burners from the underside of the stove top.
Lift the stove top up and off of the range.
Things You Will Need
- Support rod
- How to Replace the Glass on a Maytag Gemini Double Oven
- How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis
- How to Troubleshoot a Maytag Range Code 5A6
- How to Repair or Replace a Cooktop Ignitor on a GE Monogram
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
- How to Remove a Thermador MBBS from a SMW272