Removing a GE Profile Stove Top
GE Profile ranges have a glass stove top with several burners located below. If the glass panel on the stove top is damaged -- which most often occurs when a heavy item is dropped on it -- you must remove the top and install a new one. Before removing the stove top, you must gain access to the underside of the panel and remove the burners. Once the burners are removed, lift the panel up and off of the range to make way for the new top.
Turn off the range breaker in your home's service panel.
Open the oven door, then remove the screws from the underside of the front of the main top, which are protected when the door is closed.
Close the oven door, then lift the main top. Secure the top in an elevated position using a support rod, or have a partner hold the top up.
Remove the screws and brackets securing each burner, then remove the burners from the underside of the stove top.
Lift the stove top up and off of the range.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- How to Replace the Glass on a Maytag Gemini Double Oven
- How to Disassemble a Dryer: LG Tromm DLE59775S
- How to Clean Burnt Food in a Paderno Frying Pan
- How to Make Bleach Neutralizer
- How to Find the Model Number for a Maytag Oversize Capacity Plus & Quiet Plus
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser