Removing a GE Profile Stove Top
GE Profile ranges have a glass stove top with several burners located below. If the glass panel on the stove top is damaged -- which most often occurs when a heavy item is dropped on it -- you must remove the top and install a new one. Before removing the stove top, you must gain access to the underside of the panel and remove the burners. Once the burners are removed, lift the panel up and off of the range to make way for the new top.
Turn off the range breaker in your home's service panel.
Open the oven door, then remove the screws from the underside of the front of the main top, which are protected when the door is closed.
Close the oven door, then lift the main top. Secure the top in an elevated position using a support rod, or have a partner hold the top up.
Remove the screws and brackets securing each burner, then remove the burners from the underside of the stove top.
Lift the stove top up and off of the range.
Things You Will Need
- Support rod
- How to Disassemble a Dryer: LG Tromm DLE59775S
- How to Clean Burnt Food in a Paderno Frying Pan
- How to Make Window Cleaner Containing Corn Starch & Vinegar
- How to Find the Pump on a Kenmore Elite Top Load Washer
- How to Clean a Maytag Glass-Top Range
- How to Replace the Front Panel on a KitchenAid Dishwasher