How to Remove a Frigidaire Ceramic Stove Top
Many Frigidaire ranges have ceramic stove tops, which are a sleeker alternative to metal coil burners. The burners are under the stove top, which provides a flat work surface for cooking or storing hot items from the oven. You may have to remove the stove top from the range in two instances: if the glass breaks and requires replacement, or if a burner fails. The stove top is secured in place using only screws, and is quickly removable.
Turn off the range breaker in your service panel.
Open the oven door, then remove the screws securing the ceramic top to the range, located on the underside of the front lip of the top.
Lift the top and secure it in an elevated position using a sturdy object. Alternatively, have another person hold the top in an elevated position.
Remove the screws securing the burner cross-braces to the underside of the top and then remove the cross-braces and burners.
Lift the ceramic top up and off the range.
Things You Will Need
- Sturdy object
- How to Repair a Split Butcher Block Top
- How to Remove Caked-on Grease From Nonstick Pans
- How to Clean a Maytag Glass-Top Range
- Replacing the Thermal Sensor in the Oven of a KitchenAid Superba
- How to Troubleshoot the Lock Control on a KitchenAid Gas Range
- How to Replace an Oven Heating Element in My Kenmore Stove