- Remove any ceramic-glass tops or vent grills and filters present on the surface of the Jenn-Air range top by lifting them out of place and setting them aside.
- Cut the power supply at the main circuit breaker by switching the circuit that controls the range top to the "Off" position.
- Open the cabinet beneath the Jenn-Air range top. Clear out any objects in the way so you can access the blower and connections to the electrical or gas, if present.
- Locate the gas-supply valve underneath the range top in gas models. Turn the valve to the "Off" position. Unscrew the gas hose.
- Locate the blower, which is the large, circular device to the side underneath the Jenn-Air range top. Disconnect any venting attached to the blower. The venting is held in place with clamps, strips or tape.
- Locate the junction box where the wiring from the range top is connected. Remove the junction-box cover. Unscrew the wire nuts on the end of the wires. Test that the electricity is turned off on the wires with a voltmeter. Once you've verified the electricity is off, separate the range top wires from the house wires by pulling them apart.
- Loosen any clamps on the underside holding the Jenn-Air range top in place on the countertop above with a screwdriver or wrench, as needed.
- Have an assistant help you lift the range top up and off the countertop.
How to Remove a Jenn-Air Range Top
A Jenn-Air range top features an innovative downdraft-exhaust system that allows for placement in a location such as a kitchen island. A Jenn-Air range top also features touch controls and an induction or gas-powered cooktop. You can remove a Jenn-Air range top, if you wish, without too much trouble. Before removing the range top, the utility connections need to be cut.
Things You Will Need
- Some municipalities may require a certified professional to disconnect and service gas-powered Jenn-Air ranges.
- How to Fix the Ignitor on a Sterling Stovetop
- DIY: How to Replace a Touchpad on a Microwave
- How to Replace Mobile Home Outlets
- How to Wire a Char-Broil Ignitor
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters
- How do I Lift the Stovetop of a Kenmore Flat Top Electric Range?
- How to Light a Chef Gas Stove
- How to Clean a Homelite Spark Arrestor Screen
- How to Change Natural Gas Heating to LP
- How to Clean the Air Gap in a Dishwasher
- How to Change a Fuse on a Hotpoint Stove
- My GE Gas Oven Won't Light
- How to Wire a GE Cooktop
- How to Find the Model on a Viking Range