How to Remove Soap Scum From a Plastic Shower Curtain
It doesn't take long for soap scum to soil plastic shower curtains](https://society6.com/shower-curtains?utm_source=SFGHG&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=404). To remove the soap scum, you'll want to use [products that remove the buildup with little effort. Fortunately, this can be done with a fast and inexpensive cleaning routine.
Turn on the washing machine and pour 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup baking soda and 1 capful of your regular laundry detergent into the washing machine.
Place your plastic shower curtain into the washing machine along with about 3 large towels, which will agitate and keep the shower curtain separated during the wash.
Let the washing machine run its cycle, and hang the curtain back up in your shower when finished.
Mel Frank is a professional freelance writer with over 15 years of writing experience. She has completed a wide variety of writing assignments for a number of publications that include CNN and various websites. Frank received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from a prestigious university in Pennsylvania.
- dark curtain image by Danuta Kania from Fotolia.com
- Can I Put a Shower Curtain in the Washing Machine?
- How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
- How to Fix Memory Foam That Is Ripped
- How to Determine the Amount of Fabric Needed for Pinch Pleated Drapes
- How to Reset a Maytag MAH8700AWW Washer
- How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis