How to Install a PC Program on Apple Parallels
The Parallels Desktop software allows you to run Windows operating systems on Apple computers alongside the Mac OS X operating system. This way, you can use programs that work only with Windows, like Microsoft Access, right on your Mac. When trying to install a PC program on your Apple computer through Parallels, you need to make sure your disk drive is being recognized by the Parallels service.
- Launch the Parallels application on your Mac computer and wait for the Windows operating system to boot.
- Insert the installation CD or DVD for the PC program you want to install in Parallels.
- Press the "control" and "option" keys on your keyboard at the same time. This will display the top toolbar in Parallels.
- Go to the "Devices" menu at the top of the screen and expand the "CD/DVD-ROM" submenu.
- Select the "Connect to Default CD/DVD-ROM" option. The Parallels application will now connect to your Mac's disk drive.
- Wait for the installation wizard to appear in the Windows environment and then follow the on-screen instructions for installing the PC program.