- Remove the top dishwasher rack by sliding the rack forwarding, then lifting up.
- Scrub the track inside the dishwasher with a small, gentle brush to remove any build-up. Wipe the tracks with a mild detergent and a soft rag.
- Take the dishwasher rack to the sink. Scrub the wheels with a small brush, removing any grime and debris. Turn the wheels by hand to remove any stuck fragments. Rinse the wheels with hot water in the sink.
- Spray a non-toxic lubricant into the moving parts of the wheels, turning the wheels as you work in the oil. Some people choose a cooking spray for the lubricant. WD-40 also can be used on dishwasher wheels.
- Replace the dishwasher rack, checking to make sure the wheels are rolling freely and smoothly.
- Repeat with the lower dishwasher rack.
Things You Will Need
- Small, gentle brush
- Non-toxic lubricant
- You can use a toothbrush to scrub the tracks and wheels.