- Register your phone number with National Do Not Call Registry by visiting the first link listed in the "Resources" section. Submit your email address alongside the phone numbers you wish to register--each email address may register up to three--and click "Submit." Check your email and click the link within your confirmation email to complete registration. You should no longer receive calls from telemarketers once the first 31 days following your registration have passed.
- Contact individual telemarketers who continue calling you and politely ask them to stop. Inform them that you have registered with the national Do Not Call Registry and that by continuing to call you, they are in violation of federal law.
- File a complaint with the National Do Not Call Registry if telemarketing phone calls continue beyond 31 days past your registration or continue from a company you already informed to stop calling you. Click the second link listed in Resources, click "Continue" and enter your area code and phone number and the date and time of the call in question to begin the complaint process.
How to Remove My Phone Number From a Call List
If you have your own land-line or mobile phone, chances are you've received at least a few unwanted calls from telemarketers. In the past, your only options for avoiding these disturbances was to screen your phone calls and not answer those from numbers you didn't recognize, or to politely ask telemarketers to stop calling when they did. Although the latter option may still serve you well, legislation--namely the "Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007"--has allowed for the introduction of more effective solutions.
- How to Find Out How High My House Is Above the Flood Level for My Area?
- How to Get Free Government Help in Fixing Up a Residence
- How to Stop DirecTV From Sending Me Mail
- How to Find a Contractor's License Number
- How to Find Out About Police Activity in Los Angeles
- How to Settle Roof Claims With an Insurance Adjuster
- How to Quickly Replace A Lost Social Security Card
- How to Rent a Trash Dumpster
- How to Word a Garage Sale Advertisement
- How to Check A Contractors License in CA
- How to Program Genie Keypad
- How to Respond When a Tree Falls on the House
- How to Find a Contractor in Your Area
- How to ID an Africanized Bee