- Measure the area on the wall to determine where the hole is going to be drilled. Mark the direct center of where the hole is going to be with a pencil. This will be the point where the center of the bit will drill.
- Attach the bit to the hammer drill and secure it so it does not shoot off when in use. Line the bit up directly to the mark in the center. Turn on the drill and press down to begin drilling. Push hard and continue to put pressure on the stucco until the bit has gone completely through the hole.
- Pull the drill slowly back out of the hole. Examine the hole to make sure it is the correct size. The size of the hole will vary depending on the size bit that was used.
- Blow out any dust that is inside the hole with an air blower. Clean around the area with a rag and water to remove any other debris that may remain.
Things You Will Need
- Hammer drill
- Round circular drill bit
- Tape measure
- Safety goggles
- Air blower
- It may be necessary to adjust the power of the drill to get through the stucco wall, depending on the type and how much power it actually has.