Sharp Microwave Convection Oven: Troubleshooting
Sharp warranties its microwave convection ovens for one full year after purchase. During that period, Sharp will cover the cost of parts and labor -- excluding glass, rubber and plastic parts, the turntable and light bulbs. Sharp will provide a replacement magnetron tube for the first five years of ownership but will not pay the cost of labor after the one-year full warranty expires.
Th internal parts of these microwave convection ovens are not user-serviceable. However, you can troubleshoot some basic issues before requesting service.
- Check the display to ensure that it is lit. Open the microwave door to see if the light comes on. If the light is off and/or the display is not lit, make sure the microwave convection oven is completely plugged in; in addition, check your home's fuse or breaker box. Reset the breakers or replace blown fuses, if needed. Call for service if the light still does not turn on and/or the display is still dark.
- Unplug the oven and plug it back in if the display shows "Demo On" and the time counts down quickly. The oven is in "Demo Mode." If the plug is not easily accessible, press the "Clock" key and then the "0" key." Press the "Stop/Clear" key to remove "Demo On" from the display. Cancel "Demo Mode."
- Fill a glass measuring cup with water and place it inside the oven. Enter "1-0-0" on the keypad. Press the "Start/Touch On" key to operate the oven on "High" for 1 minute. Make the sure the light inside the oven comes on and the turntable turns during cooking. Remove the water and check it to see if it is warm. Call for service if the light does not come on, the turntable does not turn and/or the water is not warm.
- Press the "Grill" key and then press the "1" key. Enter "3-0-0" and press the "Start/Touch On" key. Do not place anything in the oven. Open the oven door once the oven beeps, which indicates that it has completed the cooking cycle. If the oven does not feel hot, call for service.
Things You Will Need
- Replacement fuses, if needed
- Glass measuring cup
- Do not attempt to disassemble the microwave convection oven or repair internal parts.