- Open all of the doors and windows. The more ventilation you have in the room, the faster the smoke odors will dissipate
- Pour 2 cups water and 1 tbsp. of baking soda into a spray bottle. Shake it to combine the mixture.
- Spray all of the washable hard surfaces in the room with the cleaner.
- Wipe up the cleaning solution with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the carpet and upholstery with baking soda so that it is completely covered with a thin layer.
- Let the baking soda sit overnight.
- Vacuum the baking soda in the morning.
- Fill a bowl full of vinegar and place it in the center of the room. Vinegar will neutralize the smoke odor.
- Leave the bowl in the room until you can no longer smell smoke.
How to Remove Smoke Odors From a Room
Whether from cigarettes, burnt food or fire damage, smoke odors can seep into carpets, furniture and walls. A few household staples can help you remove any smoke odors from a room.