KitchenAid Electric Stove Keypad Lock Instructions
Perhaps the most well-known of KitchenAid appliances are the baking and cooking mixers and blenders made by the company. However, KitchenAid also manufactures large appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers and stoves. The KitchenAid electric stove includes an electric display that can be locked to prevent unintended use of the oven. Locking and unlocking this keypad is fairly simple to do.
Ensure the oven or timer is not in operation prior to locking or unlocking the keypad. The control pad cannot be locked or unlocked if the oven is heated above 400 degrees Fahrenheit or the oven is in current use.
Press the "Start" pad and hold for 5 seconds. "Control Locked" will appear on the display.
Press the "Start" pad and hold for 5 seconds to unlock the control pad.
Meredith Jameson writes early childhood parenting and family health articles for various online publications. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in history from San Francisco State University.
- How to Lock the Oven Door in a Whirlpool Super Capacity 465
- How to Troubleshoot a Whirlpool Range
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Troubleshoot a GE Wall Oven
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Intrusion Detection System?
- How to Unlock a KitchenAid Electric Superba Range