- Wait a few minutes to see if the noise changes or goes away. Some noise is normal during the Whirlpool Cabrio washer's operation, including the clicking, gurgling, humming or shifting sounds the machine makes as it changes cycles.
- Open the washer, and move things around inside the tub to rebalance the load, if it is thumping during use. Wash clothes in moderate-sized loads to avoid thumping or vibration.
- Check for foreign objects in the washing machine tub, such as coins, nails, pens or keys. These or other hard items may make a clicking or clanking sound during washing.
- Push against the corners of the washing machine. The washing machine may make noise while it's operating if it's not level. If it rocks, examine its legs. Tighten the legs so that all four are evenly balanced on the floor. Place metal or wooden shims under legs as needed to aid in levelling the machine.
- Check the floor under the washer. If the floor itself is flexing or is not level, the washer may vibrate excessively during use. Place a piece of 3/4-inch plywood under the washer to help reduce the extraneous noise.
- Contact Whirlpool for assistance if the troubleshooting steps have not resolved the situation.
The Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Makes a Strange Noise
The Whirlpool Cabrio is a residential washing machine with many features, including an automatic water-level sensor, temperature-management system, quiet operation, water filter, delay wash, and off-balance protection. Like most modern washing machines, the Whirlpool Cabrio washer can be expected to operate well under normal circumstances, but problems such as a strange noise occasionally can occur. If you hear an unusual noise, some troubleshooting may help identify the source and remedy the problem.
Things You Will Need
- How to Repair GE Washers
- The Breaker Turns off When the Washing Machine Runs
- Troubleshooting LG Wm-2016 Washer Problems
- How to Troubleshoot Hotpoint Washing Machines
- Troubleshooting a Maytag Dryer That Is Making Noise
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- Reasons Why a GE Washer Will Not Spin
- Common Washing Machine Problems
- LG Front Loading Dryer Vibration Issues
- Why Is My Washing Machine Ripping Clothes?
- Troubleshooting an Oasis Washing Machine
- My Kenmore Washer is Leaking Water Out the Bottom During the Rinse & Spin Cycle
- How to Troubleshoot a Whirlpool Washer Sport Duet That is Not Spinning
- How to Clean the Drum in a Roper Washing Machine