How to Connect a Trane Rover
HVAC systems in large buildings utilize sophisticated computer hardware and software for their operation. To simplify the servicing process of this type of system, the Trane company has developed a proprietary "Rover" service tool. Rover allows a service technician to run diagnostic tests through proprietary "Tracer" zone controllers using a laptop and some special cables and adapters. With the right technique, you can connect your Rover service tool to a Trane Tracer zone controller.
Turn on a laptop computer and load the Rover service tool software.
Connect one end of a USB-to-USB cable to a free USB port on the laptop.
Connect the opposite end of the cable to the USB input on the Trane USB adapter.
Connect the USB end of the included USB cable adapter to the Trane USB adapter.
Connect the RJ11 plug end of the USB cable adapter to the RJ11 jack of a Tracer zone temperature sensor. You can find the jack beneath the removable cover of the sensor.
Double-click the "My Computer" icon on your laptop computer.
Double-click the "Control Panel" icon.
Double-click the "LonWorks Interfaces" icon.
Click the USB tab, select the interface you wish to test, and click "Test." If you have set up the connection properly, the test program will display "Ping Passed" and a CRC Error number of .
- Thomas Northcut/Photodisc/Getty Images
- How to Connect a Wi-Fi Link USB Adapter to a PS3
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- My Cabrio Washer Continues to Beep After the Cycle Is Done
- How to Check an Overload Protector on a Central Air Conditioner
- How to Reset an Auto Air Conditioner
- How to Troubleshoot a Beeping F7 on a Magic Chef Oven