- Remove the laces from your Converse shoes and place them in one cup of warm water. Add two tablespoons of baking soda to the water and stir. Let the laces soak while you proceed with the following steps.
- Clap the soles of your Converse together to shake off any light dust and debris.
- Squirt several drops of dish soap into one cup of warm water and mix. Dip a soft bristled brush into the soapy mixture and scrub away any stains or dried dirt from the shoe's canvas areas.
- Make a mixture of one part vinegar to one part warm water. Dip an old toothbrush into the mixture and scrub the white toecap and soles of your Converse until bright and clean.
- Saturate an old rag with the vinegar and water mixture. Wipe the gum undersides of the shoes vigorously, using the toothbrush to clean grooves and crevices.
- Take the laces out of the baking soda mixture. Allow the shoes and laces to dry overnight.
- Repeat the above steps weekly to ensure that your Converse stay clean.
Things You Will Need
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Soft bristled brush
- Old toothbrush
- Carry a small sponge or bristled brush with you to remove stains or spills immediately.