- Gather all of your materials where you want to build your beach tent. Separate the tubing for the roof from the leg tubing.
- Slide the top frame together by hand using the connector pieces. Face the anchor washer on each connector piece inward, and put the straight side of the piece parallel to the ground.
- Lay your UV-treated fabric over the roof frame. Start at the corners, and use bungee cords to secure the fabric to the frame.
- Begin on one side of the tent and slide the leg frames into the connector pieces on the roof. Repeat this for the opposite side of the tent.
- Stake down the tent corners, using long stakes made for sand, to secure them in place.
How to Make a Beach Tent
Limit your exposure to harmful UV rays on the beach by making your own beach tent. Custom-design a small tent to simply cover your beach chair or towel, or create a large shelter to provide shade for the entire family. Find all of the supplies you need at your local home improvement store and your favorite fabric shop. Properly maintain your tent, and you will be able to enjoy it for many future days on the beach.