- Turn off the oven if it is currently on. Allow the oven to cool before starting to clean off the carbon.
- Open the oven door. Remove the oven racks.
- Scrape out as much of the carbon and other debris inside the oven as you can with the nylon brush.
- Mix the bicarbonate and water together until it takes on the consistency of a thick paste in a container.
- Apply the paste to the carbon deposits in the oven with your hands. Allow the mixture to sit on the baked on carbon for at least half an hour.
- Scrape off the carbon underneath the paste with a wallpaper scraper or mud knife. Rinse off your tool when carbon begins to cling to the end and impede your scraping.
- Rinse off any residue with fresh water from the sink and a sponge, if desired.
Things You Will Need
- Nylon brush
- Baking soda
- Wallpaper scraper/mud knife
- Mud knives, also called drywall knives, or drywall tools, are in the same section of the store that stocks drywall supplies.