- Lay the step ladder flat on a work surface. Open the ladder up so that the top three rungs are clear from the bottom half of the ladder. This allows you to access the rungs when you install the ladder stand-off.
- Position the ladder stand-off bracket or brackets over the third rung down from the top of the ladder.
- Fasten the stand-off to the ladder rungs with the provided attachment hardware. There are a few different ways that the stand-off can be attached, depending on the type of stand-off you purchase. The simplest form just clicks in place. Press down on the stand-off to click the bracket or brackets onto the ladder rung or rungs.
- Turn the turn knob or knobs on the underside of the bracket or brackets in a clockwise motion to secure the stand-offs to the ladder on models that have a set screw or screws.
- Slide one U-bolt over the stand-off assembly onto each leg of the ladder. Push the U-bolt washers over the ends of the U-bolts and thread the nuts onto the ends. Tighten the nuts with a wrench to secure the stand-offs to the ladder on models that include U-bolts for attachment hardware.
Things You Will Need
- Ladder stand off, with attachment hardware
- Stand-offs come in two styles, fixed depth and adjustable. Select an adjustable model if you plan to do a lot of work using your ladder stand-offs.