- Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste onto your finger. Depending on the total length of the scratch or size of groups of scratches, use between a 1/4-inch and 1-inch line of paste.
- Smear the toothpaste around the scratch in a circular pattern. Continue rubbing the material into and over the scratch for about a minute to ensure good coverage and to fill all parts of the scratch.
- Spray the area with a few squirts of liquid glass cleaner or a diluted vinegar and water solution to help liquefy the rapidly drying toothpaste.
- Wipe the toothpaste from the surface with a clean, dry cloth. Wipe across the scratch, not in the same direction as the scratch, to avoid pulling the toothpaste out of the depression. Examine the scratch; if it has gone then the work is complete.
- Repeat the process if the scratch is still partially visible or small sections remain. Continue applying and removing until satisfied with the results.
Things You Will Need
- Whitening toothpaste
- Liquid glass cleaner
- Vinegar and water solution
- Spray bottle
- Dry cloth
- Use a well-lit work area. Look at the plexiglass from different angles to locate all scratches.
- This repair also works on regular glass surfaces.