How to Balance a Whirlpool Duet
Whirlpool Duet washers and dryers are designed for washing clothes in your home. Duet washers and dryers include leveling legs that allow you to adjust each of the four legs to ensure that the washer or dryer is level, even if the floor in your laundry room is not. Duet washer and dryers should be leveled upon their initial installation, however, the leveling legs may require adjustment over time. If your Duet washer or dryer is not level, adjust it using common household tools.
- Place a level on top of the Duet to determine which legs must be raised or lowered. Test both side to side and front to back.
- Pull the Duet slightly away from the wall, then lift the front and prop it up using a wood block.
- Use a 17 mm open-ended adjustable wrench to loosen the nuts at the top of the leveling legs, which secure the legs into position.
- Turn the leveling legs clockwise to lower and counterclockwise to raise.
- Tighten the nuts at the top of the leveling legs to secure the legs into position and prevent them from moving when the appliance is in use.
- Lower the washer, then recheck the level of the Duet.
- Continue adjusting the leveling legs until the appliance is level both front to back and side to side.