Things You Will Need
- Disinfectant Sprays
- Toilet Brush
- Toilet Cleaner
- Pumice Stones
- Rubber Gloves
How to Clean a Toilet. This will probably never be your favorite household chore, but you have to admit, it's one of the most important!.
- Open the bathroom windows and door, or turn on the fan. You need good ventilation when working with household cleaners.
- Put on rubber gloves and lift the toilet seat. Flush the toilet to wet the sides of the bowl.
- Apply a generous amount of powder or liquid toilet cleaner to the bowl, focusing on getting it along the sides, not just in the water. Be sure to follow the directions for your type of toilet bowl cleaner.
- Let the cleaner stand for a minute.
- Using the toilet brush, swab all around the interior of the bowl, paying special attention to the area immediately beneath the rim, and to the water line.
- Flush the toilet to rinse. As the water in the bowl is replaced, thoroughly rinse the toilet brush in the incoming water.
- Notice if the toilet bowl has developed a ring. If it has, scrub the stain with a wet pumice stone. Be sure the pumice remains wet throughout the process.
- Spray the seat, the underside of the seat and the rim with disinfectant.
- Wipe down the base, lid and tank top with disinfectant.
- Allow the disinfectant to dry before using the toilet.
Never mix cleaners. The fumes could be deadly.