Things You Will Need
- All-purpose Cleaners
- Drop Cloths
- Garden Hoses
- Soft Rags
- Soft-bristled Brush
How to Clean Vinyl and Plastic Blinds. Don't go blindly into cleaning your window dressings.
Follow these easy steps.
- Lower the blinds and close the slats.
- Wipe with a damp rag. Avoid applying too much pressure to the blinds when scrubbing, as most are prone to denting and bending.
- Close the slats in the opposite direction and wipe the other side.
- Remove the blinds from the window.
- Release the blinds completely and lay them outside, on a drop cloth.
- Spray the blinds with an all-purpose cleaner. Allow the cleaner to sit for a few minutes.
- Scrub the blinds gently with a soft-bristled brush in a motion parallel to the slats.
- Turn the blinds over and repeat this process.
- Hang or hold up the blinds and rinse with a hose.
- Shake as much moisture from the blinds as possible.
- Hang the blinds outside and allow them to dry.