The Masterlock model 176 is a combination padlock designed for use on various utility boxes. The Masterlock 176 allows the owner to set his own combination, using any series of four numbers.
The lock includes a separate reset tool, which is used when entering and setting the new combination. Lost reset tools can be replaced through a local hardware store or locksmith.
- Turn the Masterlock 176 lock over and set all four dials to “0."
- Press the shackle down and pull the lock open.
- Fit the reset tool into the hole in the side of the lock, and turn the reset tool a quarter turn in either direction. Leave the key in place for now.
- Turn the dials to the desired four-digit combination.
- Turn the reset tool to its original position and remove the reset tool from the lock.
- Close the shackle to set the combination. Scramble the dials to hide the combination.