The Simplicity air conditioner is designed for individual use. The unit, manufactured by the Danby Corporation, is meant to be mounted on a window frame to cool a small space such as an apartment, a hotel room or a single room of a home.
While a Simplicity air conditioner may be expected to function well under most circumstances, it may be necessary to empty the water tank occasionally if the air conditioner develops frost or displays a “P1” error code. Emptying the water tank is relatively simple to do.
- Turn off and unplug the air conditioner.
- Place a towel underneath the air conditioner to catch any drips.
- Open the front access panel. Locate the water tank on the right side of the unit.
- Carefully pull out the water tank and empty it. Slide it back into the unit.
- Restore the front access panel and turn the power back on.