How to Clean Revere Ware
Revere Ware is a brand of pots, pans, cookware, and bakeware, currently manufactured by Corning Consumer Products, Inc. Many Revere Ware pieces feature stainless steel lids and copper-clad bottoms.
Things You Will Need
- Dish soap
- Nylon scrubbing pad
- Copper cleaner
- Nonabrasive stainless steel cleaner
Revere Ware is a brand of pots, pans, cookware, and bakeware, currently manufactured by Corning Consumer Products, Inc. Many Revere Ware pieces feature stainless steel lids and copper-clad bottoms. Revere Ware is also available as heavy gauge aluminum with nonstick surfaces, or stainless steel vessels with aluminum bottoms. Most Revere Ware features stay-cool handles capable of sustaining oven temperatures up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow cookware to cool to room temperature before washing it. Adding water to hot pots can cause the pots to warp and weaken.
- Wash Revere Ware after each use with hot, soapy water and a sponge. Newer Revere Ware is dishwasher safe. Check the manufacturer's recommendations for your cookware prior to washing it in a dishwasher.
- Scrub Revere Ware with a nylon scrubbing pad. Do not use abrasives such as steel wool or scouring powder, as these will scratch the finish on your cookware.
- Clean and shine copper bottoms with a commercial copper cleaner. Dip a clean rag in the copper cleaner, and apply a light coating on the bottom of the cookware. Buff the copper cleaner off the bottom with a clean, dry rag to restore shine.
- Remove burnt-on food by soaking the cookware in hot, soapy water until the food loosens. Use a nylon scrubbing pad or nonabrasive stainless steel cleaner.
Dry all Revere Ware thoroughly before storing.
Use Revere Ware only on indoor gas or electric stoves.
Do not use bleach-based cleansers on aluminum cookware.