Error Code F70 on a Whirlpool Duet
Old wires, connections and a lot of use with a Whirlpool Duet could cause various errors to appear on the LCD screen. The "F70" error may be an easy fix or it might require new parts.
When the code appears, it means that there is a communication error from the central control unit. This may cause the wash to stop in the middle of a load or before the drum fills.
Unplug the washer, open up the control panel and check all the connections. Try to rotate the drum washer. If the drum is locked and cannot rotate, the central control unit needs replacing.
If your washer if fairly new, the error should be covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Use the Whirlpool customer service page (see Resources) to locate more information and find out about parts replacement.
- How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
- Whirlpool Commercial Washer Troubleshooting
- How to Troubleshoot a Maytag Neptune That Will Not Lock
- How to Troubleshoot & Repair a Top-Load Maytag
- Troubleshooting a Kenmore Heavy Duty Super Capacity Washer
- How to Remove a Kick Plate on a Whirlpool Washing Machine