How to Fix a Kenmore Stove Handle That Falls off
Kenmore electric ranges have both an oven and stovetop, and are available in gas, electric or dual-fuel models. The two screws that secure the handle to the oven door may come loose after the constant pulling of regular use. Reinstalling or replacing the handle is a straightforward task for which the only tool you'll need is a simple screwdriver.
Wait for the oven to cool completely, then open the oven door. If the handle is completely off, pull the door from the sides of the door to open it.
Realign the handle with the door handle screw holes on the top of the door.
Attempt to install both door handle screws using a flathead screwdriver.
Remove the screw and inspect the threading if one or both of the screws will not catch the handle's threading. If the threading on the screw is damaged, replace it with an identical screw from your local hardware store. If both screws are in good condition, you will need to substitute a new door handle for the old one.
Things You Will Need
- Flathead screwdriver
- Taking Apart a Schlage Door Handle
- How to Tighten the Door Handles on a Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- How to Fix a Broken Drawer With the Handle Broken Off
- How to Adjust the Tension on a Kenmore Oven Door
- How to Install a Dummy Door Knob on a Pre-Bored Door
- How to Repair a Sagging Refrigerator Door