How to Fix a Loose Door on a Frigidaire Microwave
A loose Frigidaire microwave door is not only annoying but inefficient. If you have noticed that your Frigidaire microwave has a loose door, you might be able to fix it by tightening the screws on the top and bottom of the door. Survey your microwave before attempting to fix the door by opening the door to locate and identify the screws. Different Frigidaire microwaves use various types of screws. Use a screwdriver that fits the screws used in your microwave.
Unplug the microwave and place it on a large, flat work surface -- such as a table.
Examine the microwave door to determine whether the top or bottom screw is the loose culprit.
Tighten the screw on the top of the door by opening the microwave door, inserting the screwdriver into the screw and turning it. You will need to turn the microwave carefully on its back if the loose screw is on the bottom of the door.
Vera Leigh has worked as a professional freelance writer since 2008. Her work has appeared in "Learn Overseas" and "Grad Source" magazines. In addition, she received an honorable mention in "Newsweek's" My Turn contest. She has written features for nonprofits focused on literacy, education, genomics and health. In her spare time, Leigh puts her English major to use by tutoring in grammar and composition.
- Ryan McVay/Photodisc/Getty Images
- How to Replace the Light Bulb in an Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
- How to Replace an Amana Oven Door Hinge
- How to Remove the Front Cover on an LG Tromm Dryer
- How to Repair the Door Latch on a Kenmore Microwave
- How to Remove a Jenn-Air Microwave
- How to Clean a GE Profile Dishwasher with White Vinegar