How to Remove a Jenn-Air Microwave
Removing an over-the-range Jenn-Air microwave is not necessarily a difficult task, but for best results, it does require at least two people. Because removing the microwave does not include all of the measuring and drilling that was required when you installed it, you are likely to find that removing the appliance is much easier and takes only a few minutes to finish.
Unplug the microwave.
Ask a helper to hold on to the bottom of the microwave.
Unscrew the screws from the cabinet part way by turning them counter-clockwise with a screwdriver. Continue to unscrew them until they are no longer inside of the top of the microwave.
Pull the screws up through the cabinet and set them aside.
Ask your helper to lean the microwave slightly forward.
Place your hands at the bottom of the back of the microwave. While your helper still holds the microwave in the front, push up on the back of the appliance until the microwave lifts up out of the tabs on the metal frame on the wall.
Set the microwave down on the counter or floor.
- How to Install a KitchenAid Microwave
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a Kenmore Microwave
- How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
- How to Remove a Panasonic Genius Microwave From a Wall Bracket
- How to Fix an Admiral Washing Machine Belt
- How to Uninstall an R-1481 Sharp Carousel Microwave