Repairing a GE Monogram Refrigerator Door Adjustment
GE Monogram refrigerators have side-by-side doors with the fresh food door on one side and the freezer door on the other side. Over time, you may need to realign the doors if they are uneven. Aligning the doors only takes a few minutes and it will ensure that the doors close properly.
Find the adjusting screws that are located underneath the front of the refrigerator doors. There is one screw under each door along the exterior edge. The Monogram refrigerators do not require you to remove the grill panel to access the adjusting screws as some older models may.
Attach your wrench to the adjusting screw.
Turn the wrench clockwise to raise the door.
Turn the wrench counter-clockwise to lower the door.
Turn the wrench a few times in the direction the door needs to be adjusted.
Open the door you have aligned and then close it.
Step back and inspect the alignment by looking at the top of the door.
Continue to turn the wrench until you have properly aligned the doors.
Things You Will Need
- 5/15-inch or 7/16-inch wrench
- How to Replace the Cabinet Face on a Bosch Dishwasher
- How to Replace the Front Panel on a KitchenAid Dishwasher
- Stanley Thumb Latch Instructions
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Remove a Yale Door Knob in a Bedroom
- How to Fix a KitchenAid Dishwasher Door Hinge