- Reset the panel. Shut off power to the dishwasher, and then turn it back on. This may cause the panel to reset, which may fix certain electrical problems.
- Check availability of the control panel part. Find your panel's part number in the user manual or online. Some panels for older models are no longer available. If you are sure the panel is at fault, order your replacement part.
- Turn off the power before working on the panel. You can unplug the dishwasher or turn off the circuit breaker for it. Confirm that the power is off before continuing.
- Follow your manual to remove the old panel. Note the settings, jumpers and wiring of the old panel before removing it. Take a picture with a digital camera to help your memory.
- Find your dishwasher's tech sheet. A tech sheet is usually included inside your dishwasher. You must remove the face plate and reach up inside the dishwasher to find it. This sheet has technical information from the manufacturer for your dishwasher.
- Follow your manual to install the new panel. Try not to generate a static charge around sensitive electronic equipment, or the new panel may be damaged. Check the old panel to confirm any jumpers or settings.
- Restore the power to the dishwasher. Run through the test sequence for your panel, if applicable. The instructions will be on the tech sheet. Load the dishwasher and do a test load of dishes.
How to Repair a Dishwasher Control Panel
A dishwasher control panel is a sensitive piece of electronics that spends its life near a hot, steamy environment. It should come as no surprise that the control panel often develops problems. Be prepared to repair your dishwasher control panel.
Things You Will Need
- Some parts cannot be returned once they have been installed. Be sure the problem is the control panel before you waste time and money installing a new panel.
- Dishwashers may contain sharp metal parts. Use caution when working on a dishwasher.
- How to Refinish a Spa Cabinet Stain
- How to Control Humidity in a Walk-in Cooler
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Dishwasher Soap Dispenser
- How to Replace My Brinks Panel
- Life Expectancy of Solar Panels
- How to Mount an Electrical Panel
- How to Install the Bosch Dishwasher Decorative Panel
- Can You Change the Color On the Front of a Bosch Dishwasher?
- How to Wire a Sub Circuit Breaker Panel
- How to Change a Dishwasher Door to Stainless Steel
- How to Change the Light Inside the Microwave Oven
- How to Remove the Toe Plate on a Dishwasher
- How to Use an Existing Alarm System
- How to Replace the Wall Paneling in a Mobile Home