How to Clean Vertical Blinds
- Mix bleach and water in the bucket to the recommended strength (about 1 capful of bleach per 1/2 gallon of water.)
- Soak sponge in bleach water and pull off several sheets of paper towels, placing them aside.
- Pull blinds out to their full extension across the door or window and turn the control stick so the blinds are flattened against the glass.
- Squeeze excess water out of the sponge and use it to clean the blinds, moving the sponge up and down vertically on each slide. Catch excess water with the paper towels by following behind the sponge. (If you're really worried about the floors getting wet, place old towels, sheets or dropcloths underneath the blinds to catch excess runoff.)
- Repeat the sponge cleaning until each blind is clean. (If the blinds are excessively dirty, use a scrubber soaked in bleach water -- but be careful, this can cause lots of excess water runoff.) Wipe down a final time with clean dry paper towels. Leave the blinds in this position for at least two hours to allow them to air dry.