How to Get Your Suffolk County Property Deed
Do you live in Suffolk County and need to get a copy of your deed? If so, follow these instructions.
- IN PERSON If you need it quickly, you can go directly to the Public Access Department located at the County Clerk's Office in Riverhead, NY and get it the same day. The address is 310 Center Drive Riverhead, NY 11901 See the link below for map and directions. Their hours are Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM (Try to be there by 4:30). They will need the property tax ID, which can be found on a property tax bill or by contacting the town assessor where the property is located. The cost will be less than $5 for a copy and less than $10 for a certified copy.
- You can obtain a copy of a deed by sending a written request to the Public Access Department located at the County Clerk's Office in Riverhead, NY. Mail it to: Attn: Public Access Suffolk County Clerk 310 Center Drive Riverhead, NY 11901 You must specify your property tax ID, which can be found on a property tax bill or by contacting the town assessor where the property is located. To receive a CERTIFIED COPY of the deed, enclose a 'Not To Exceed' check of $10 made payable to the Suffolk County Clerk to receive a PLAIN COPY please enclose a 'Not To Exceed' check of $5 (see picture). Make checks payable to 'Suffolk County Clerk'. It can take up to 10 business days to receive it in the mail.
- If you need additional information, you can contact the Suffolk County Clerks office at (631) 852-2000 or click on the Addition Info link below.
Things You Will Need
- The property tax ID
- Less than $10 for fees
- They do not take request for documents via the phone, email or fax nor do they send documents via email or fax.
- The property deed is a public record document so you do not need to be the owner of the property to obtain it.