- Disconnect the dryer from its electrical socket. This is extremely important to prevent electrical shock that could result in severe injury or death.
- Move the unit away from the wall.
- Locate the spring clips at the lower toe panel. Using a putty knife or a flat object, such as a credit card, slip the instrument into the gap between the lower panel and the door panel at each side of the unit and press back on the spring clips to release the clips from their hole.
- Lift and pull the panel up and off the hinge springs. The dryer front panel is now removed.
How to Remove a Front Panel on a Dryer
When you are having trouble with your dryer, your first thought might be to call the repairman. But reconsider. Some dryer repairs aren't difficult, and learning how to open the front panel of your dryer can be half the battle. To remove the panel safely and effectively, you'll need a couple of simple tools and your owner's manual. The manual will help you become familiar with the dryer parts and help you troubleshoot specific problems.
Things You Will Need
- Instructions for a Whirlpool Duet Front Load Dryer Rack W10121663
- How to Fix a Dryer-Door Hinge
- How to Troubleshoot Noise in a Dryer
- How to Replace the Sensor in a GE Dryer
- How to Connect a Three-Prong Cord to a Dryer
- How to Take Apart a KitchenAid Washer
- How to Fix a Broken Door Hinge on a Maytag Dishwasher
- How to Repair a Washing Machine That Is Not Spinning Properly
- How to Put a Dryer Rack in a Dryer
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Change the Light Inside the Microwave Oven
- How to Check a Frigidaire Dryer Fuse
- How to Fix a VTech Phone: Warning Check Battery
- How to Change a Dishwasher Door to Stainless Steel