- Unplug the Estate washer from the outlet. Lift up the hood to expose the tub and agitator.
- Look at the top of the agitator. There will be a line running around the top where the agitator cap and the agitator meet. Take a screwdriver and gently pry it in between these two to pop the cap off the top of the agitator.
- Use the socket wrench to remove the bolt holding the agitator to the agitator hub.
- Reach underneath the agitator and get a firm grip. Turn your head to the side and away from over the washer tub. Pull firmly on the agitator to remove.
- If the agitator doesn't want to budge, don't panic. There are a few tricks you can try. First take a block of wood and hold it with one hand on top of the agitator hub. Tap this a few times with a hammer. Sometimes this can loosen a stuck agitator. Another thing to try is to run a wash cycle on the hottest setting. Allow the washer to fill up halfway, then stop the cycle. Hot water causes metal and other objects to expand.
Things You Will Need
- Socket wrench
- A good pair of work gloves will help you get a grip on a stubborn agitator.