Washing An Electric Kettle
- Turn off your electric kettle and unplug the unit. Allow the kettle to cool down before cleaning.
- Clean the outside of the electric kettle and the base with a damp rag. Dry both items with a soft cloth.
- Wash the inside of the electric kettle with dish detergent and water. Do not immerse the kettle in dishwater or any liquid.
- Dry the inside of the kettle with a dish towel or allow to air dry.
Removing Scale From Inside The Kettle
- Fill the electric kettle half way with water and the rest of the way with white vinegar. The combination of water and vinegar works to loosen scale deposits that form on the inside of the kettle.
- Heat the kettle to boiling, then turn off and allow to sit for 30 minutes or until kettle has completely cooled.
- Dispose of the water and vinegar solution.
- Clean the inside of the kettle with a nylon pad to loosen any scale clinging to the inside of the kettle.
- Rinse the electric kettle with cool water and dry the inside with a clean cloth.
Things You Will Need
- Damp rag
- Soft cloths
- Dish detergent
- Dish towel
- White vinegar
- Nylon pad
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on your electric kettle.