- Scrape the area around the hole clean with a putty knife. Complete the cleaning process by brushing around the hole with a stiff wire brush.
- Insert a tube of roofing cement into a caulking gun and apply a liberal amount of the cement around the edges of the hole. Spread the cement a few inches past the edges of the hole with a putty knife.
- Place the metal patch firmly down onto the cement.
- Spread sealant on top of the metal patch with the putty knife to finish the repair.
Things You Will Need
- Putty knife
- Wire brush
- Roofing cement
- Caulking gun
- Metal patch
- The metal patch needs to be the same type of material as the gutter to avoid corrosion.