- Remove the transportation bolts, if you haven't done so already. These bolts hold parts of the Duet in place during shipping. The power cord on a new Duet will be wrapped around these bolts. Loosen them with a 1/2-inch wrench. Once the bolts are all loosened, you need to remove the bolt and the plastic spacer. Do this by moving the loosened bolt to the center of the mounting hole. Then pull out the bolt and plastic spacer. Do this for each bolt.
- Connect the drain hose to the sink or drain pipe. Use the included beaded chain to secure the hose in place.
- Wrap the outlets on the water-supply valves with plumbing tape. Connect the water-supply hoses from the Duet to the water-supply valves. Connect the hose with the red color indicator to the hot-water supply. Tighten with the pliers.
- Level the washer. Place a spirit level on top of the washer to check for level. Place a block of wood under the washer to prop it up while adjusting the feet with a 5/8-inch wrench. Do this for the front and side faces. Once the washer is level, tighten each leg by turning it towards the washer to lock it into position.
- Plug the washer into a power outlet.
How to Install a Whirlpool Duet
Front-loading washing machines help the environment by using less water. The Whirlpool Duet is a 3.7-cu.-ft., front-loading washing machine that cleans your clothes by spinning them through a tub of water and soap. Installing a Whirlpool Duet washing machine requires that you make three connections: water, sewage and electricity. The main thing to remember when installing a Whirlpool Duet washing machine is to level the appliance before you finish.
Things You Will Need
- Use caution when working around water and electricity.