- Select a balloon in the shape, size and color you like. For example, for an event such as a Valentine's Day party, you can use heart-shaped balloons of red, white, pink and black for this craft. Use your imagination and choose any type of balloon.
- Blow up the balloon until it is at the size you want. Tie off the rubber end.
- Snip a 12-inch length of silk ribbon from the roll. Use a color that fits well with the theme you are going with for this craft.
- Tie the length of ribbon around the knot of the balloon and secure it into a simple bow.
- Pour your choice of loose glitter onto a rolling pan. If you don't have a rolling pan, use a cake pan or even a paper plate. Use about a cup of glitter.
- Hold the can of spray adhesive about five inches from the surface of the balloon. Press firmly on the nozzle to release a fine mist of glue over the top part of the balloon.
- Dip the balloon into the loose glitter, coating it with the shimmering material. This gives the balloon a touch of shine and extra color, making it a nice addition to a party or other event as decoration. Repeat these steps with other balloons to create more decorations.
Things You Will Need
- Assorted balloons
- Silk ribbon roll
- Clear craft tape
- Spray craft adhesive
- Loose glitter (assorted colors)
- Rolling pan (or cake pan)
- Use the clear tape to adhere the balloon decorations to the borders of tables, over doorways or anywhere else you want.