- Disconnect the DVI cable from the Hitachi television and the HDMI cable from the receiver, if either cable is already hooked up to an electronic device.
- Plug in one end of the DVI cable into the matching socket on the adapter and turn the two locking screws on the plug clockwise.
- Insert the plug on one end of the HDMI cable into the socket on the other side of the adapter.
- Connect the opposite end of the DVI cable to the input socket on the Hitachi TV.
- Plug in the other end of the HDMI cable to an output port on the rear of the receiver.
How to Connect a Hitachi DVI Television to an HDMI Receiver
Some Hitachi TV sets are equipped with digital video interface connectors to receive a high-definition video signal. Newer audio/video components, including AV receivers for home theater, are equipped with a different but compatible connection format known as high definition media interface. Connecting a Hitachi TV with DVI requires an adapter to transform the jack into a six-sided port that can connect with a standard HDMI cable.