Shop Vac Without Tank Drain
- Turn off the 16-gallon Shop Vac and unplug it from the outlet. Pull the unit's latches outward and remove the tank cover.
- Lift the Shop Vac's tank and pour the contents into a bathtub drain or other appropriate area. For example, if the contents of the tank contain plain water, you can dump them on your lawn.
- Replace the tank cover and push the latches inward to lock the lid. Proceed with cleaning.
Vac With Tank Drain
- Turn the 16-gallon Shop Vac off and unplug it from the wall. Position the Shop Vac next to a drain or in an appropriate draining area.
- Loosen the drain cap, located at on the lower side of the machine, by twisting it to the left with your hand. Remove the drain cap and set aside.
- Tilt the Shop Vac slightly toward the direction it is draining to completely rid it of all of its liquid contents.
- Replace the drain cap by twisting it to the right and continue using the unit.
- Clean the inside of the Shop Vac's tank before storing.