- Turn on the water to find the location of the damaged area along the hose. Mark the area with a felt-tip pen. Turn off the water.
- Cut through the hose 1/2 inch on each side of the damaged area, using a utility knife.
- Mix some soapy water, and pour it into the interior of the two cut pipe ends; this will lubricate the insides of the pipe. Push the interior tube halfway into one of the pipe ends. Then push the other half of the interior tube into the other pipe end.
- Place the two clamps around the pipe, and position each one so that it is halfway between the end of the interior tube, and the join where the two cut pipes meet. Tighten each clamp with a screwdriver.
Things You Will Need
- Hose repair kit
- Felt-tip pen
- Utility knife
- Soapy water
- When cutting through the pipe, make sure the cut is straight.