- Measure the inside diameter of the hose supplied with your power brush with a tape measure. The hose should be a standard size between 1½ to 2 inches.
- Install a coupler or reducer onto the end of the Shop Vac hose by sliding the appropriate end of the coupler into the hose. According to the Shop Vac website, Shop Vac hoses come with hose sizes ranging between 1¼ and 2½ inches. For example, if your power brush hose measures 1½ inches and your shop Vac Hose measures 2½ inches, you need a 2½- to 1½-inch reducer.
- Slide the hose for the power brush onto coupler. Place a few wraps of duct tape around the mating edges of the coupler to prevent the hoses from separating.
- Plug the power brush and the Shop Vac into a power outlet. Turn on the Shop Vac, and then turn on the power brush. Sweep as normal with the power brush.
Things You Will Need
- Tape measure
- Reducer or coupler
- Duct tape
- Not all power brushes are mechanically powered; in some cases, the rollers turn when you slide the brush across the floor. In this case, there is no power cord to plug in for the power brush.