HoMedics SC-300 Scale Instructions
The HoMedics SC-300 Scale is an electronic bathroom scale that shows a person's weight as a digital readout. The scale can show the readout in pounds, 25 to 350; or in kilograms, 12 to 160. Because the scale is digital, it requires little of the manual setting required with a mechanical or dial-type scale, such as turning a dial to zero. Instead, simply select a unit of measurement and stand perfectly still on the scale while it determines your weight.
Turn your HoMedics SC-300 scale over. Slide the "KG/LB" switch to kilograms or pounds as desired. Turn the scale back over and place it on a level floor.
Prepare the scale to take readings: Step on the scale completely, step off, and wait 30 seconds.
Remove your clothing. Clothing adds weight, making any reading slightly inaccurate.
Step on the scale to take the measurement. The weight will appear on the display as a number.
- If "Err" or "0.C" appears on the SC-300 display, reweigh yourself. The scale was unable to provide a reading.
- If "LO" appears on the display, replace the battery. Turn the scale over, remove the battery compartment cover and pop out the old battery, using a screwdriver to pry it free if necessary. Insert a new 3-volt CR 2032 lithium battery, positive side up, in the empty spot, and then push the cover back into place.
- To clean your scale, simply wipe it with a slightly damp cloth. If it has a stain, wipe it with a slightly soapy cloth, and then with a damp cloth to rinse away the soap residues.
- Never place your scale on soft surface such as carpeting or a rug.
- Storing your scale with chemicals, or with items stacked on top of it, can result in inaccurate readings and other damage.
- Using the scale for items that weigh more than 350 lbs. or 160 kg can damage it.
- Never clean the scale with detergents, abrasives or harsh chemicals.
Based in Southern Pennsylvania, Irene A. Blake has been writing on a wide range of topics for over a decade. Her work has appeared in projects by The National Network for Artist Placement, the-phone-book Limited and GateHouse Media. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from Shippensburg University.
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Intrusion Detection System?
- How to Use the Mitutoyo Digital Micrometer
- How to Double-Rinse Cycle Your Clothes
- How to Clean Stainless Steel With Lemon Juice & Baking Soda
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Convert Gauge Thickness to Millimeters