How to Change a Light in a Dacor Hood
Decor manufactures many different types of home appliances, such as microwaves, ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators and hoods. A hood is typically installed over a stove or range when an over-the-range microwave is not present. The hood not only provides light to the surface below, but also vents smoke, odors and steam generated from cooking out of the house. Decor hoods utilize halogen light bulbs, which will burn out after prolonged use. When the bulb burns out, it can be easily replaced.
Disconnect the hood by unplugging it or turning off the breaker in the wall.
Remove the filter beside the light that you would like to change by pressing on the release tab, then lowering the filter.
Press the suction cup onto the light bulb so that it grips the bulb. The suction cup is provided in the original packaging of the hood.
Turn the handle on the suction cup counterclockwise to loosen and then remove the bulb. Remove the suction cup from the bulb and discard the bulb.
Screw the new light bulb partially into the light fixture, then reattach the suction cup and completely screw in the light bulb.
Replace the filter, then restore power to the hood to complete the installation.
Things You Will Need
- Dacor halogen replacement bulb
- Suction cup
- How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?
- How to Remove a Watco Drain Stopper
- How to Change the Light Bulb in Square Recessed Lighting
- How to Remove the Freezer Panel From a GE Profile Refrigerator
- How to Get My Propane Grill Hotter
- How to Add a Water Filter to a Whirlpool Refrigerator ED2CHQXKQ05