- Remove the contents in the cabinet below the sink, then place a paint tray under the sink to catch any water drips.
- Remove the nut by connecting the top of the vertical metal strap to the lift rod running into the bottom of the sink. The strap is a long, flat metal piece with several holes in it.
- Remove the strap, along with the clip, from the horizontal pop-up rod, running into the vertical drain pipe below the sink.
- Unscrew and remove the pivot nut, connecting the lift rod to the drain pipe just below the sink.
- Remove the rod and plastic inserts from the drain pipe below the sink.
- Pull the pop-up valve out of the top of the drain.
How to Remove the Middle Piece in a Bathroom Sink
A faucet pop-up is installed directly into the drain of your bathroom sink. The pop-up is connected to a lever that is often located behind the faucet, and can be pulled up to lower the pop-up. When the pop-up is lowered, it is pulled into the drain, forming a seal that prevents any water from exiting the sink. When the lever is pushed back down, the pop-up will lift, allowing water to flow from the sink. The pop-up is connected to the sink and faucet assembly with a bolt placed behind the underside of the sink, and it can be easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
Things You Will Need
- Do not turn on the faucet with the pop-up valve removed.
- How to Restart a Garbage Disposal
- How to Polish a Porcelain Sink
- How to Clean Tarnish on Plastic
- How to Hang a Rain Chain
- How to Eliminate Odors in Bathroom Sinks
- How to Clean Lime From Coffee Pots
- How to Clear a Bathroom Sink Drain
- How to Install a Flat Bottom Vessel Sink
- How to Remove and Replace a Bathtub Drain and Stopper
- How to Replace a Lift & Turn Bathtub Drain
- How to Repair Leaking Kitchen Faucets With One Handle
- How to Clean Stone Sinks
- How to Disconnect a Mixer Tap From a Sink
- How to Adjust a Bathtub Drain Stopper