- Turn off and unplug your portable fan.
- Unclip and/or unscrew the front grill of the fan. If your grill has securing clips along the grill edges that hold the front and back grill together, simply pull out the clips away from the edges. If the grill has a securing cap at the center of the grill or screws along the edges, simply unscrew and remove the cap by hand or unscrew and remove the screws with a screwdriver.
- Remove the grill from the fan. Vacuum it with a nozzle or brush tool and then set it aside.
- Slide the fan blades assembly from the fan motor shaft.
- Vacuum the blades with your attachment to remove as much debris as possible.
- Wipe the blades carefully with damp, lint-free cloths when finished to dislodge any remaining dirt or oils. Dry thoroughly with another cloth.
- Push the fan blades assembly back onto the motor shaft.
- Clip or screw the front grill back into place. Plug in and turn on your fan.
Things You Will Need
- Screwdriver set (optional)
- Lint-free cloths
- Some clip-style hardware portable fans have a grooved piece of hardware that looks like a clip at the bottom or side of the grills that doesn't unlock. Once you unlock the other clips, simply slide the grill out of this piece.